Context: Cafe Pyala @cpyala is commonly known as among MQM propagandists along with @FiveRupees @Mirza9 @akchishti @theselongwars @tazeen @uroojzia etc
@cpyala is a “media critic” blog which has never written on Pakistani media’s silence (or misrepresentations) on Shia Hazara genocide, Baloch genocide and Kurram blockade
It is the same blog which wholeheartedly supported ISI’s (@ejazhaider etc) criticism on AatishTaseer’s piece in WSJ
@cpyala is same blog which blames prosecution and police for the release of Malik Ishaq and other terrorists by ISI-backed CJP
It is the same blog which dishonestly promoted a defamatory and sectarian video against Aamir Liaquat Hussain, which was manufactured by none else but Samad Khurram and Ghulam Mustafa, co-manager of pkpolitics with the help of a Geo TV insider.
@cpyala is the same blog which speculates on everything under the sun but refused to comment on Wali Khan Babar’s murder.
In this post, I will offer some comments on Cafe Pyala’s (@cpyala) latest post on Zulfiqar Mirza’s press conference.
Key issues in @cpyala’s latest post on ZulfiqarMirza’s press conference:
1. It discounts ZM’s important charges against MQM & terrorism
2. @cpyala creates a false equation between MQM’s systematic & massive violence with reactionary and minuscule violence by ANP, PPP etc
3. Contrary to @cpyala’s claim, Ajmal Pahari’s and other videos of MQM terrorists are online for many months now. Also fascimiles of reports
4. @cpyala writes: “without trying to sound like I am defending the indefensible”, they are doing the exact opposite, i.e. defending MQM.
5. @cpyala has never written on Baloch or Hazara genocides, still they attack another website 4 presenting “a selective version of truth”
6. Next comes @cpyala’s most frequent tactic, i.e. blame the prosecution, challenge the legality of charges against terrorists.
7. Acc 2 @cpyala, Ajmal Pahari and other videos/reports, “these documents and confessions do not necessarily establish guilt.” Wow!
8. Acc to @cpyala, Ajmal Pahari’s confessions are not much different from NAB’s accusations of corruption against Mr Asif Zardari. Shame!
9. @cpyala asks: “why have these terrorists not yet been prosecuted in the courts of law”. Your heroes in judiciary r releasing terrorists!
10. @cpyala finally reveal their true loyalties by stating that ZM’s presser was aimed to divert attention from “torture cells in Lyari”
Finally, one last comment about Wali Khan Babar, the Geo reporter who was killed by MQM’s target killers. Here’s a comment from Cafe Pyala’s website:
Here is an interesteng comment from an old post on cafe pyala:
Dear Café Pyala
In your lame excuse for not commenting on the murder of journalist Wali Khan Babar in Karachi, you say: “….unlike some, we do not feel we have unambiguous knowledge about who assassinated him and so refuse to be drawn into a blame game based on pure speculation”.
Have you always commented on a murder when you have “unambiguous knowledge” about who murdered him/her?
You simply had to say the same things just after the murder of Mr Babar what you have said now: “We feel we have lost a very bright and upright colleague and a warm-hearted human being………. And we deeply mourn his death. All we can say is that journalism has become a much more dangerous profession in this country in the wake of his murder.”
Please don’t try to fool your “regular” readers because they know that you have commented on several murders/crimes where you didn’t have “unambiguous knowledge” about the accused.
Asif Ali Khan
January 25, 2011 12:14 AM
@Asif Ali Khan, well said, dude.
ISI, MQM, DAWN and the Abbas brothers
are holly cows and Cafe Pyala can’t write about them. Everyone knows the reason!